The Hair Factory Services
If you would like to discuss ideas for your next hair style or colour come in and see us for a free consultation
Our philosophy is centred on you, the individual: you will be given a thorough consultation prior to any service you choose to take. Our aim is ask about your hair wishes, any hair problems you are facing, to design a look just for you, for your hair and your lifestyle. We will even show you how to dry and style it at home.
Every appointment at The Hair Factory starts with a personal & professional consultation with your chosen stylist. This one to one discussion is important to us, so that we can ensure that we create the look that is right for you, and advise you on the products you need to use at home to maintain that salon finish.
We offer a range of services including ladies cut and blow dry, ladies wet cuts, tonging, hair ups, colouring, hair lightening, multi tonal hi-lighting, straightening and perming, as well as hair extensions. For the gent’s we have a barbers service available. All our staff trained in gentlemen’s hair styling (see barbers section for full details).
Many prices are set according to length of hair, time required and hair technician level, so we aim to offer something to suit all needs. All prices include conditioner and styling products.
Our qualified team are here to provide you with all the help you will need to create the very best from your hair. Every team member from junior stylist through to management will ensure that you get the most from your visit.
The stylists at the Hair Factory are all trained to a high standard and enjoy being creative, providing an individual service to every client. We also recognise you will have your own ideas and so we shall discuss these in the consultation with you, aiming to achieve the style and look you wish for, using our cutting and razoring techniques.
Prices are set according to length of hair, time required and hair technician level, so we aim to offer something to suit all needs. All prices include conditioner and styling products.
Add length and volume with 100% human hair extensions. Create styles and natural looks that you never thought possible.
Please make an appointment for consultation and personal quotation.
Hair extension removal service is also available.
The Hair Factory at Henlow Camp is an appointed MATRIX salon and all staff are trained in the use and application of MATRIX colouring hair products and Goldwell Elumen Colour products. Founded in 1980, MATRIX, is the leading professional hair care and hair colour company in the United States, is part of L'Oreal USA's Professional Products Division.
Please discuss with the staff at the Hair Factory what you want to achieve with your hair and they will advise you on the best MATRIX or Elumen products to get the results you desire.
MATRIX Products available in Hair Factory at Henlow Camp include
MATRIX Hair Colour
- Grey Coverage - Want to cover greys? The Dreamage Series and the 5O Series are right choice for you, they are permanent colour that have been formulated specifically to cover greys and provide multi-reflective coverage.
- Grey Blending - Starting to notice a few grey hairs but not ready for full coverage? Colour Sync ExCover tone-on-tone hair colour will enhance your natural colour, whilst subtly blending away your few greys. This product contains cera oils to give a glossy finish.
- Permanent - Looking for a change with your hair colour? The right choice for you is SoColor Beauty, a permanent haircolour for rich, radiant looking results.
- Color Sync Tone-on-Tone - Looking for a low maintenance colour which will enhance your natural colour, give red, golds & ash tones then Color Sync hair colour is the answer, leaving your hair with beautiful subtle colour and shine.
- Looking to add some light or multi-tonal effects to your hair? Then highlights using MATRIX Color Graphics will lighten, brighten or add those sun kissed highs and lows. This product has different colour pigments – blueberry for very light hilights, spearmint for counteracting gold, mocha for natural creamy hilights, grape for reducing reds & strawberry for a warm golden highlight. These products contain cera oils & vitamins for maintaining condition throughout the treatment.
Allergy Testing – Important notice for all considering hair colouring. Following professional guidelines we require a skin test to ensure that the client is not allergic to hair dye and is required 48 hours before a colour application. Your health and safety is our prime concern and although it is not currently a legal requirement we are undertake a skin test for every new client.
Elumen hair colour is breakthrough patented technology from Goldwell. It is the first oxidant-free hair colour without ammonia, peroxide or mixing needed and causes no damage. Over 120 effects can be achieved with outstanding vibrancy, shine and durability.
Elumen, by Goldwell, is the first high performance oxidant free hair colour. Elumen works exclusively with pure direct dyes, which penetrate deep into the hair and anchored by a kind of magnetic attraction – the positively charged hair draws in the negative charge of Elumen hair colour dyes – they say opposites attract! It works without peroxide or ammonia, so there is no need for mixing. This is why Elumen is longer lasting than most conventional hair colours and yet causes no damage to the hair.
- Extra long durability
- Unique Elumen shine with intensive color results
- Numerous application options
- Can be applied to all base levels
If you decide to change your Elumen hair colour, this can be achieved using a Elumen Return.
Discuss with staff at the Hair Factory about what colour you want to achieve with your hair and they will advise you on the best Elumen product to get the results you desire. The Hair Factory staff are trained in the best use of Elumen colour products to achieve the most brilliant effects, as this hair colour product is not available for home use.
Perming is a process by which the hair is chemically altered. The perming process can do everything from straightening to curling hair by softening in a chemical bath the proteins that make up your hair.
Typically a perm lasts from two months up to as many as six months, and so can be a great time saver in the long run.
Talk to the staff at the Hair Factory about what style you want to achieve with your hair and they will advise you on the best procedure and products to get the results you desire. They will also advise you on the professional products to use at home to maintain that salon finish.
MATRIX Optismooth permanent hair straightening is available at the Hair Factory, please talk to the staff at the Hair Factory about what you want to achieve with your hair and they will advise you on the best products to get the results you desire. Each client will have individual needs and so each service will need to be priced individually.
MATRIX Optismooth permanent hair straightening will keep your hair straight for around three to six months and sometimes up to twelve months, and cuts out the need for daily straightening with hair straighteners. You may literally be able to 'wash 'n' go'. It is a good option for really curly hair and will keep it frizz-free even in wet weather. A test strand will be required to ensure the condition of the hair before undertaking this treatment. The MATRIX Optismooth process cannot be used on very damaged hair, or coloured/highlighted hair, however Brazilian Keratin treatment may be an alternative option (see below). MATRIX Optismooth takes a minimum of four hours in the salon to complete the treatment.
The staff at the Hair Factory will discuss the immediate care required for your MATRIX Optismooth treated hair and also the longer term hair care and necessary professional products to keep your hair looking at its best.
If you dream of soft, shiny and manageable hair, the Brazilian Blow Dry could be just what you have been waiting for. The miracle treatment not only smoothes and straightens, to save you precious styling time but it is specially formulated to rebuild weakened hair. The replenishing keratin particles penetrate deep into every hair cuticle to condition and leaves you with hair that feels nourished, shiny and soft for up to 14 weeks.
The staff at the Hair Factory will discuss the immediate care required for your Brazilian Blow Dry treated hair and also the longer term hair care and necessary professional products to keep your hair looking at its best.
We understand that with technical services often come a lot of questions. Here are a few of the most commonly asked; if you don’t find what you’re looking for here, your hairdresser will be more than happy to talk things through with you.
Frequently asked questions
- Is the product suitable for all hair types?
- Yes – but it is especially effective for rejuvenating damaged, coarse and chemically treated hair.
- Can the product be applied to hair that has previously undergone chemical treatments, including straightening procedures?
- Yes – this is absolutely fine, but we recommend you have a full consultation with your hairdresser beforehand.
- How long does it take to apply?
- Approximately 90 minutes for short hair and 150 minutes for long hair.
- How long will the Blow Dry last?
- As with all salon treatments, results will depend on the original condition of your hair. On average the Brazilian Blow Dry will last between 12 and 16 weeks.
- I want to book in for a Cut & Finish, should I do so before or after?
- After, to remove any split ends.
- Should I colour my hair before or after?
- Ideally, the treatment should be applied a day or so after colouring your hair, to lock the colour in. Otherwise, it’s recommended you wait at least two weeks following the treatment before colouring your hair.
- What happens if my hair reverts back to its original form?
- In the unlikely event that your hair reverts back to its original form within four days of the treatment being applied, please return to the salon where we will review and try our best to rectify the situation.
- What should I do immediately after my treatment?
For the four days following your Brazilian Blow Dry, please avoid:
- Wetting your hair (In the shower, swimming pool or sea).
- Applying any hair care or styling products.
- Gathering your hair with a band or ribbon.
- Using clips or hair ties.
Go Beyond the surface with only salon system that rebuilds broken hair bonds.